Reports suggest up to six people may have died.
Police arrived shortly on the scene. Residents have been told to stay at home.
The underground stations in the city have all been evacuated and closed.
No one so far has claimed responsibility for the attack.
What we know so far
- Local media have confirmed multiple deaths in a shopping centre in Munich
- One report says up to six are dead
- TV images show dozens of emergency vehicles
- Employee inside centre says many shots were fired
- Reports suggest there is more than one shooter
- All metro traffic has been stopped